Obama’s Plan to Disarm Law Abiding Citizens
Quote of the Day – by Allen West
“There’s not a single directive the President announced today that would have prevented the tragedy at Sandy Hook. This is all about extending government control over the lives of law-abiding American citizens.
“The administration is focused on “gun control,” but what about “spending control?” Naturally, there’s no acknowledgement of the damaging debt out-of-control spending puts upon the next generation.
“The tentacles of tyranny are slowing extending and strengthening their hold on this nation – and too many Americans are oblivious. At this rate, we will not recognize the nation our next generation will inherit.”
1) In almost every mass murder via firearms, the weapon was obtained illegally. Therefore proving that taking guns from law-abiding citizens will not keep criminals from finding and using guns.
2) In more than half of the mass murder via firearms, the offender had been on or was using prescription drugs such as Prozac and/or has had a history of mental illness. Why are we not having an initiative against pharmaceutical companies? Also, why is it a doctor can get sued for not prescribing harsh drugs if someone goes berzerk but they cannot be sued for prescribing harsh drugs even if it makes the person go berzerk? And again, why do antidepressant drugs make people depressed and sometimes berzerk?
3) Why is Barrack Obama trying to de-arm the American public while arming Mexican drug runners and Egyptian citizens? This really is not about protecting our children, it is about de-arming a free people.
4) Why are mass murders suddenly a crisis when they have been in the decline? There were 42 mass murders in the 1990s and only 26 the first ten years of this new millenium. Is the purpose in addressing gun control to distract the nation away from conversations regarding our huge debt? Unless we enact serious spending control, we are going to bankrupt the very children we say we want to protect. This is hypocrisy at its worse.
5) Probably the most important question: Why do we have gun free zones for schools – or anyplace, for that matter? It only encourages a mentally unstable person on their quest for victims.
Of the leading causes of death every year:
529,000 are from tobacco use;
195,000 are from medical errors;
118,000 are from unintentional injuries;
107,000 are from alcohol abuse;
34,000 are from motor vehicle accidents;
31,000 are from unintentional poisoning;
25,000 are from drug abuse;
25,000 are from unintentional falls;
17,000 are from homicides via fist, feet, knives, bats, poisons and other such
11,000 are from homicides via firearms
Death by firearms is at the VERY BOTTOM OF THE LIST. Do we see proposed legislation designed to abolish tobacco (aside from taxing it to death), doctors, alcohol, motor vehicles and such? Every year doctors kill seventeen times more people than firearms – but there is no crisis!!! Cars kill three times as many people as guns – as if the inanimate objects are to blame – but there is no movement to abolish the car, not even to prohibit assault cars like Hummers. It is clear, the only reason to go after guns is to restrict or abolish the liberties of law abiding, free people.
Year after year, our government becomes more tyrannical. When we surrender our guns, there will be nothing left to stop the tyrants. The saying goes, “the Second Amendment was put in there to protect the First.” Without the Second Amendment, we will lose our entire Constitution, at least what we have left of it.
According to FOX news, here is the list of the 23 executive orders Obama plans to sign [I have placed a few comments in brackets]:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. [More paperwork and delays in background checks. More government intrusion into the lives of law-abiding citizens.]
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. [More government intrusion. Why are more and more laws including federal income tax and now, background checks, becoming wrapped up in our new health care laws? Big RED flag!!]
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. [More paperwork, intrusion, delays and costs but even worse – more federal dominance over the States.]
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. [Permission to write more law and increase the oppression. Mentally unstable people are already prohibited from possessing firearms but this doesn’t stop them. So why are we adding to the list? Oh, maybe we forgot a few, such as right-wing fundamentalists.]
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. [If the police find your stolen weapon, you are now guilty until proven innocent.]
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. [More laws written by bureaucrats – which are unconstitutional. No more private sales. The government will track every gun sale. More people are killed by knives and baseball bats – maybe the government should track those too.]
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. [Touchy feelings will save the day!!! No more gun violence – when we can convince enough people it is not cool!!! All we need are posters, classes and focus groups – Yay!!!]
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). [Tell the bureaucrats to write more law. Restrict how and where we keep our guns.]
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. [“If Congress won’t write the law, I will write the law.” More paper work for law enforcement and this will help them stop the crime after the fact.]
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. [Reports are cool and will help us stop crime. Focus groups will help us understand how people lose guns and how guns get stolen. Why didn’t we think of this before?]
11. Nominate an ATF director. [Rather, it is long overdue that we abolish the corrupt ATF. The same group used to supply assault weapons to Mexican drug runners; the same group that has shut down many politically incorrect but legal gun shops and small manufacturers; and the same group that confiscated a shipment of paint ball guns then distributed the contraband among their members – this group; shut them down.]
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. [Not a bad proposal.]
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. [What is maximize? If you mean enforce the gun laws we already have, then it is about time. If you mean, empower bureaucrats to intimidate more law-abiding citizens – which is what I smell. For, if we were enforcing the gun laws already on the books, we would not be having this crisis or this discussion. This is the power of the politician: create the problem then give the solution – which is more government control.]
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. [More focus groups and reports, yay!!! The problem could not possibly be simple – we have pushed God out of society, government and law.]
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. [I like the part of “challenge the private sector.” Just like the EPA is requiring the oil industry to sell a fuel that has not been invented yet and fining them for non-compliance!]
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. [Wrap it around health care again – this time, turning our doctors into spies.]
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. [We need a letter to do this? Since when has it ever been presumed to be against the law for those working in the health industry to report threats on their lives or well being?]
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. [Why not eliminate gun-free zones and let the teachers and employees pack legal weapons? No extra money spent and the threat is eliminated, or minimized, at the same time. But, after all, we need to spend more money to assure we bankrupt the children who get out of school alive.]
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. [Not a bad idea except the bureaucrats will make it a law and force training and compliance. More income guaranteed for the seminar corporations and one more management position required for every school, house of worship and institutions of higher learning.]
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. [Write your law in a letter. More evidence of federal dominance over the States.]
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges. [Wrap gun control around our health care system – again.]
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. [Subjecting gun control to health care and subjecting the States to the federal bureaucrats.]
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. [More focus groups and more touchy conversations. We can all feel good and know these people care. So far, national dialogues from this most transparent administration in history has been one sided, top-down lectures telling us how it is going to be and that the debate is over.]
Allen West was correct: there is nothing in this list that would have prevented the tragedy at Sandy Hook – or any other mass murder. The cost to implement these orders will be in the billions – and that’s what we need right now – more spending. But the nation does not care about facts anymore, we just care about how we feel. And restricting the rights of the law abiding is the best revenge we have against criminal acts. There is no accountability anymore. There is no discernment anymore.
It is a sad thing that parents have abandoned the training of their children to the socialist government schools. Is it any wonder most people have no idea what the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution say and almost half the people now feel entitled to live off of someone else’s paycheck? We need to eliminate the department of education and bring public schools back under local control. And, Christian parents, you have no business allowing the devil to train your children.
We need to add one more statistic to the cause of death list above: 3000 babies everyday are murdered in their mothers’ wombs. This is over one million every year – it tops the list and is more than the sum of the list. You will not see Joe Biden even pretend to cry for them. There is no crisis. We hide behind a low that is no law – it is not constitutional because a court said so – it violates God’s Law and we will all be held accountable for this. We have forgotten God and we serve the god of big government and personal comfort. Cry for the babies who will not even get to go to school. Cry for one-sixth of our population who will never experience this life and aspire to their hopes and dreams.
Governor Perry of Texas summed up the situation well.
“There is evil prowling in the world – it shows up in our movies, video games and online fascinations, and finds its way into vulnerable hearts and minds. As a free people, let us choose what kind of people we will be. Laws, the only redoubt of secularism, will not suffice. Let us all return to our places of worship and pray for help. Above all, let us pray for our children.
“In fact, the piling on by the political left, and their cohorts in the media, to use the massacre of little children to advance a pre-existing political agenda that would not have saved those children, disgusts me, personally. The second amendment to the Constitution is a basic right of free people and cannot be nor will it be abridged by the executive power of this or any other president.”
God save our nation.
About the author: cominus
Cominus is the pen-name for Dean Isaacson, who got involved in the GOP in 1983, the year my son was born. Chairman of the Snohomish County Republican Central Committee (Washington) 1990 to 1992. Conducted legal research for the late Supreme Court Justice William C. Goodloe for several years. In 1996, succeeded him to lead Judicial Forum (the year before he passed away). Moved to Idaho in 1999 and still reviews judicial candidates in the State of Washington. My core belief is you will choose to serve God or you will serve the state – tyrants, as William Penn called it.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. [Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml]